The Wigan Athletic Team and Coaching Staff are back in Mesnes Park for the second year running on Monday 6 May to see out the 2018-19 season in style!
There will be opportunities for photos with your favourite players, who will make their way around the park to meet supporters and there will also be Q&As on stage with executive chairman Darren Royle, manager Paul Cook, his staff and some of the players.
Hosted by WISH FM’s Chris Milow, there will be a big screen at the bandstand, on which some of the season’s highlights will be played as well as some of our most popular videos of the season.
Entertainment will be provided for kids of all ages and there will be delicious food and drinks provided by a selection of bars and street food traders, selected by our partners Haigh Foodie Friday.
Let’s take a look at what’s coming up on the day!
- Player of the Year as voted for by Latics supporters.
- Players’ Player of the Year
- Goal of the Season (Click Here)
- Academy Goal of the Season
As well as being joined by our first team squad, our successful Academy teams will be presented with their impressive trophy haul from the 2018-19 campaign, including:
- The Central League – Development Squad
- The EFL Youth Alliance – Under 18s
- The EFL Youth Alliance Cup – Under 18s
- The Lancashire FA Youth Cup – Under 18s
- The Premier League Floodlit Cup North – Under 15s
ACTIVITIES AND ENTERTAINMENT
For the second year running we’ll be joined by musician Jack Burn, plus Wigan’s own Boomin band have been added to the bill!
Wigan Youth Zone will have a number of activities such as mini trampolines, penalty shootouts, circus skills sets.
Giant inflatables and rides will also be on site, and if you’ve got little Latics fans wanting to show their colours, there’s also free face painting!FOOD AND DRINK
Courtesy of our friends at Haigh Foodie Friday (based at Haigh Woodland Park), a number of the region’s top food and drink traders will be providing the refreshment!
Remember to bring cash, as not all of the traders have card payment facilities.
- Piadina Pronto – Italian Flat-breads with various fillings.
- Travelling Pizza Co – Wood-fired, sour dough pizzas.
- Waan Yen Thai – Home made thai food.
- In the Dog Haus – American style hot dogs/bratwurst.
- Sushi Craft – Japanese – Teppanyaki and Sushi
- Cook & Foragers – Organic reared, BBQ Burgers & Sausages.
- Levant Cuisine – Food from the Levant – Hummus and Kibbeh.
- Woks Clucking – East Asian Cuisine.
- Frida’s – Mexican Street Food.
- Ruby’s Street Kitchen – Multi-award winning, Mumbai street food.
- Shakes, Batter & Roll – 1950s inspired…..serving milkshakes, crepes & cakes, served from a quirky little caravan.
- Old Town Chimney Cakes Bakery.
- Perk Me Up – Coffee trader.
- Two Left Feet Tap – Real Ale.
- Copa Fizz Gin & Prosecco – Piaggio Ape selling Gin & Prosecco.
The park’s Fredericks café will be open from 09:00am till 17:00 and there will be Frederick’s ice cream trikes located around the park.
Blue Cat (located in the Playshack) will be open at 09:00am and will be giving away a free Blue Cat bag with a healthy snack and drink for the first 50 customers.
The most efficient way to get to the party is via public transport, so be sure to check your local bus and train schedules before travelling.
If you’re driving to Mesnes Park, please consider Wigan Council car parking options located around the town centre, with further paid car parks located at the Galleries and the Grand Arcade Shopping Centre.
Please be aware that the streets around Mesnes Park operate for residents and via ticket machines. Be sure to check times and availability if parking in nearby streets.
Wigan Athletic will be recording and taking images of this event and these will be used on our social media and website. If anyone present does not wish to appear in photos/videos, please make the media team (situated by the main stage) aware and they will make sure you are not captured in any footage.