Official Wigan Athletic Supporters Club A Supporters Trust
Supporters Club News
For our FA Cup 2nd Round tie against York City, we have two options. A day coach giving up to 4 hours at York Christmas Markets or go direct direct to the game, VIP and Exec coaches.
Coach Travel: NO ALCOHOL, DRUGS or PYROTECHNICS ALLOWED.U16s MUST travel with Adult. Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated.Read the Terms and Conditions before travellingCoach Travel Details Coach bookings are now being taken (details below) for the FA Cup Round...
Wigan Athletic Supporters Club
A Supporters Trust
During the past three years our Football Club has faced unprecedented challenges. The Supporters Club played a vital role in securing the future of our club and representing the fans during these times. Our work brought us closer to club and fans, giving fans a voice and providing opportunities to help shape the future of our club. We began working with the Community Trust, supporting projects that our vital to the people in our town.
We grew as an organisation, and we felt it was the right time to convert to a Trust with the backing of the FSA.
After months of work by the committee of WASC and the Football Supporters Association (FSA) on 11th September 2023 the Official Wigan Athletic Supporters Club became a Supporters Trust.
Being a Supporters Trust brings with it, many benefits for fans, club and community.
Supporters’ Trusts are constituted as Community Benefit Societies (CBS), registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The members own all assets and liabilities collectively, and any profit made is either kept as reserves or reinvested to meet its objects.
As a Trust, Wigan Athletic Supporters Club is a democratic, not-for-profit organisation of supporters. We are committed to strengthening the voice for supporters in the decision-making processes at the club and strengthening the links between the club and the community it serves.
Our continuing aims are to benefit the community by:
- being the democratic and representative voice of the supporters of the Club and strengthening the bonds between the Club and the communities which it serves;
- achieving the greatest possible supporter and community influence in the running and ownership of the Club;
- promoting responsible and constructive community engagement by present and future members of the communities served by the Club and encouraging the Club to do the same;
- operating democratically, fairly, sustainably, transparently and with financial responsibility and encouraging the Club to do the same;
- being a positive, inclusive and representative organisation, open and accessible to all supporters of the Club regardless of their age, income, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality or religious or moral belief.
We would like to thank the FSA for their support as well as ongoing advice and training for our committee members.
Without the help of volunteers, we would not be able to undertake the projects, events, coaches and general work that we are involved in. Volunteers are crucial to the success of your Supporters Club. We are always looking for passionate WAFC fans with a little (or a lot) of time to spare to drive the Supporters Club forward. We will not ask you to contribute any more time than you feel you can, and we value any contribution.
Want to Join The Supporters Club?
Wigan Athletic Supporters Club is a non-profit organisation which allows us to keep the costs low for travelling to away games, without compromising safety, comfort or security click here to apply.
Membership of the Supporters Club also gives extra benefits in the Wigan Athletic Supporters Club Bar, which provides a safe place for fans to go a couple of hours to chat and meet before most home games.
Click ‘Get involved’ for more information on the huge benefits of membership.